They say this pandemic has resulted in ‘unprecedented times,’ and many swingers are finding themselves stuck at home or unable to connect with their play partners and friends. Surely, the days can get boring and the nights may feel lonely and cold so some fill their time with a little adult entertainment.
It appears that leading porn sites are seeing a massive surge in streaming subscription services and visitor views, so people are likely finding relief and entertainment in front of the screen. This seems to be leading to more concern that individuals are increasingly falling victim to porn effects such as addiction.
Is Porn Addiction Real?
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) porn addiction isn’t officially recognized as a mental health disorder. Rather, most psychological professionals view porn addiction as a behavioral issue that shares similar mechanisms with those suffering from substance addiction.
However, some researchers are suggesting that porn addiction can be chalked up to compulsion as opposed to addiction. While the line is thin between the two, compulsions are things someone does over and over again without any rational motivation other than satisfaction or alleviating anxieties. Addictions, on the other hand, are things one cannot stop doing, but both terms involve a severe lack of control.
What are the Signs of Porn Addiction?
Occasional viewing doesn’t indicate an addiction, but those who feel a complete lack of control over their compulsion could very well be addicted to this visual stimulation. Signs of a potential problem include:
- Time spent watching keeps increasing and impedes on daily responsibilities or time spent with others in your life
- Feelings of guilt develop after viewing porn
- You find yourself needing a ‘fix’ of porn to get ‘high’
- Sex doesn’t seem pleasurable without watching pornography
- You start pressuring your sexual partner to perform acts you see in porn that they are uncomfortable with
Preventing Pandemic Pornography Addiction
It’s natural to crave relief during this crisis and porn can be a great release and assist with masturbation. However, you should know when enough is enough and when you might have a real problem that could negatively impact you or someone you care about. Here are some prevention tips.
- If you find yourself routinely viewing it, you can set up restrictions or time constraints for yourself.
- Check out the advice from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control that recommend increasing outdoor activities that conform to social distancing regulations to reduce anxiety and screen time.
- Stay off the Internet when you are feeling like looking at a naughty site. Pick up a book or magazine, play a game, take on a home project or discover a new hobby to kill some time productively without focusing on sex.
If you suspect that porn effects are becoming a problem, don’t hesitate to reach out to a mental health professional for sex addiction counseling and get further advice.
6 IMPORTANT BENEFITS OF WATCHING PORN AS A COUPLE
There is nothing wrong with watching porn alone or as a couple. In many societies, porn is viewed as a taboo however if you take a closer look at the reasons behind this, you will realize that there is nothing wrong about porn especially if you are watching it with your partner. In fact, there are very many benefits derived from watching porn as a couple. If you are interested in discovering these benefits to make your sexual experiences with your partner more pleasurable, below are 6 important benefits of READ MORE
POLL SHOWS 99% OF WOMEN WANT A REPEAT OF AN MMF THREESOME
In a recent survey polled by SLR, 99% of women who experienced an MMF threesome wanted a repeat. Experiencing intimacy is a very complex process which begins when people are really young. As they grow older and enter adulthood, both…
What are Orgies Really Like in The Swinging Lifestyle
Many people imagine orgies to be a rowdy and outrageous affair, but the truth is that they’re often simpler and less visually captivating than imagined. Newcomers to the swinging lifestyle … READ MORE