The National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF) started back in 1997 by a small group led by Susan Wright. Over the years, more organizations and groups that serve the BDSM, swing and polyamory lifestyles join the NCSF to help fight for the right for sexual freedom. They have since grown and formed alliances with other organizations that support sexual freedoms such as the Free Speech Coalition, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and the Gay and Lesbian Activist Alliance and others that defend sexual freedom. They NCSF believe that all adults who engage in safe, sane, and consensual behavior have the right to not be discriminated against.
Because of your sexual expression…
- You may face discrimination, prosecution, and/or violence against you
- You may lose custody of your children
- You may lose your job or your income
- You may experience invasion of your privacy by the government
NSCF have implemented these programs to assist people in the BDSM, swing and polyamory lifestyle.
- NCSF’s Incident Reporting and Response – provide assistance for people experiencing discrimination, prosecution and/or violence
- Kink Aware Professional – provide referrals to medical professionals that are knowledgeable and sensitive about the lifestyle.
- Media Outreach – helps to educate and manage the online reputation of the issues surrounding lifestyle.
- Consent Counts – is a national campaign focus on changing the laws and police practices that people in the lifestyle have to endure.
- DSM-V-Revision – a project that attempts to correct the assumptions that the BDSM lifestyle is a disease, as APA guidelines state that BDSM is a characteristic of mental illness.
- Education Outreach – is a program designed to help educate people inside and outside the lifestyle.
Learn more about NCSF